1. Applicable products
- Series 1520 Thrust Stand
- Series 1580 Thrust Stand and Dynamometer
- Series 1585 Thrust Stand and Dynamometer
2. What describes your problem?
Please find within the following table which describes your problem. Once selected, mark down the troubleshooting points to follow.
3. Problem specific troubleshooting
The setup instructions of the Electrical RPM sensor can be found in the question mark in the RCbenchmark GUI -> Setup -> RPM Sensor -> Select Main RPM Sensor -> Electrical RPM Sensor. Please try to follow those steps first.
3.1 I have a wrong reading on the Electrical RPM Probe
- Please confirm the poles number in the RCbenchmark GUI -> Setup -> RPM Sensor -> Electrical RPM Sensor is correct. For detailed instructions on counting the number of poles in your motor, please press the question mark beside “Number of magnetic poles”
- You can get the number of poles from the specification of the motor you are going to test or by running the script, Get number of poles, in the Automatic control. You need to activate the scripting mode in the RCbenchmark GUI -> Setup -> GUI Settings -> Activate experimental scripting mode
- Before running the script, please check the KV value you put to the script is correct. You can get this information from the specification of the motor.
- After the KV is confirmed, please change the variable kV_manufacturer on the script to the KV of the motor and then run the script
- You can get the poles number from the report of the script and please enter this number to the “Number of magnetic poles” in the Setup Tab
- If you still find the reading of the RPM is wrong or see some abnormal RPM reading, like abnormal fluctuation reading, please send us the invoice when you purchased our product, the picture of the circuit, and the description of the issue you met to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will give you suggestions for further troubleshooting and solutions for the issue you met.
3.2 I do not have any RPM reading
- Please confirm you have followed the guideline of the electrical RPM sensor setup to do the setting. The guideline can be found in the question mark in the RCbenchmark GUI -> Setup -> RPM Sensor -> Select Main RPM Sensor -> Electrical RPM Sensor.
- Please note that the electrical RPM probe cannot work when the motor is running at a low speed.
- If you find that your electrical RPM probe is still not working, please send us the invoice when you purchased our product, the picture of the circuit, and the description of the issue you met to email@example.com. We will give you suggestions for further troubleshooting and solutions for the issue you met.
4. Problems persist?
We support all issues related to the measurement tools itself, and we can provide limited support regarding your test setup and power-train selection. If you need extended support for your specific tests, manufacturing facility or UAV, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer extended support contracts including phone and video conferences at affordable rates.
To obtain a solution to your problem faster, please indicate which troubleshooting steps you have already done. Also, include the debug log from the software. If relevant, please also include a screenshot or pictures of the issue.
4.1 Cross-reference to other types of problem
- S15CIR: broken connector on the circuit that connects to the load cell